Thursday, October 17, 2013

Surviving the Rainy Days


This past week has been extremely dreary. I love the incoming cold weather, I just wish it wasn't accompanied by rain. But it's not really rain as it is just cold wetness over campus and the rest of the city. If it was a little warmer and wet, that'd be fine. If it was cold and dry, that'd be even better. But no, it has to be cold and wet at the same time! But I guess that's okay because Texas needs the moisture and  the coldness just mean that fall is here.

There are so many things that I want to do on a rainy day! And none of them include going to an 8am class. That's the struggle of a college student. Here are some ways to survive the rainy days:

1. Put on your cute rain boots and have your umbrella handy. Every girl loves to compare rain boots. we can't help but squeal, "Oh! Those are soooo cute, where did you get them!" because we can never have enough.

2. Bundle up! Even though it might not be freezing outside, the rain just seems to make the temperature feel like it's below zero. Plus if you get your outer layer wet, you can always shed it and let it dry until you venture out again.

3. Grab your favorite Starbucks drink, or whatever you prefer. Although I love me some Starbucks, I will forever be a hot chocolate fan! I always have a mug on hand during the cold, rainy weather. And it keeps me feeling warm.

4. I always want to snuggle up in a huge blanket and read a book. Outside. I don't really know why, but I do. So I would grab a book, preferably one of the Harry Potter classics or one that I was reading for class, and I would grab my favorite fluffy purple blanket and pillow pet and head outside to our front porch. I would lie down on our front porch swing and get cozy and all snuggled up. I would listen to the rain while reading and swinging on the porch. Of course, you don't have to go outside, but you should find a good book and get comfy!

5. Movies. Movies are always a good idea. Get a few of your friends together and have a mini-movie marathon. I've really enjoyed watching movies on dreary days because they kind of take you out of the rainy world and take you to the world of movies. Chick flicks are a good ideas; a few rom-coms and maybe add a classic like The Breakfast Club. Just don't forget the popcorn and chocolate!

6. And if you are really lucky and have the time... Sleep! Sleeping in on those days where it's almost impossible to get out of bed is one of the best feelings. Especially when you've been lacking in that area.

These are just a few of the many great ways to survive a rainy day. Of course when it's warmer, its always fun to run and "play" in the rain, just like in the good ole days!

No comments:

Post a Comment