Sunday, January 5, 2014

My New Years Resolutions

Everyone does their own thing when it comes to New Years. Some go out dancing or to some big event, like the New York Ball Drop. Some have an intimate get together with their friends and family. And others eat a bowl of black-eyed peas and call it good. Then we all have to come up with our New Years’ Resolutions.

I have made some resolutions in the past, but they usually all are broken within the month. This year, I didn’t really plan ahead so I am just now thinking about my resolutions. Now my resolutions are any different from the usual, but I feel that if I write them multiple times that they will stick. So here they are:

This year, I want to be healthier. I want to eat better by shrinking my portions and eating more healthy foods and not pig out. I want to continue my daily workouts that I started last month, which I have been pretty dedicated to minus the holidays. I would like to become fit and my goal is to be able to run in the Wildflower 5K in Fredericksburg by April.

This year, I want to become bold. By that, I mean that I want to speak up in my classes and in conversations with larger groups. I usually keep to myself, but I want to step out of my comfort zone and take more risks. I want to take chances in making new friends and not remaining like a fly on the wall. I want to take a chance and join a club that I wouldn’t have normally taken part of. I plan on stepping out of my comfortable self and put myself into situations where I have to be bold.

And lastly, this year I want to become closer with God. I go to church and attend a Wednesday night bible study, but I do not feel like those are pushing me to dig deeper into His word. This year, I plan on doing personal daily devotionals that will allow myself to search through the Bible by myself so I can come up with some questions that will strengthen my relationship with God.

I only have three resolutions, but I believe that those are all big and important ones to try and accomplish. To further engrave these resolutions into my brain, I am planning on making some sort of wall decoration that will give me a daily reminder. I also need to grab my planner and pencil in a time for all three of these things that I am trying to include in my life.

Get Fit. Get Out. Go In.
Become strong as a person. Step out of your comfort zone and go out to explore. Strengthen your bond with your creator and thank Him everyday for each breath.

2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment