Saturday, February 8, 2014

Countdown to Disney

I have exactly 5 day, 3 hours, and 44 mins until my first ever Disney audition. I am so excited, but completely nervous. There is really no way to prepare for one, especially since I have never been and I don't know exactly what to expect. Sure I have watched all the YouTube videos about girls who have auditioned, but most of those girls in the video never make it past the first round and that's really no no help at all.

I have been listening to my Disney Pandora station to get me psyched for the trip. I have been pinning like crazy to my Disney Diva Pinterest board. And I've also had a lot of bad/weird dreams about the audition. Last nights dream included Michaela and I missing our audition because we thought we had enough time to go to Magic Kingdom. Another dream was that we showed up and they handed us dresses and told us good luck and they sent us on our way with no further instruction. These dreams are freakin' me out cause when I wake up I have to tell myself that it isn't February 13th.

At first, I didn't want to tell people I was going because it does sound a little ridiculous. Ok, it is absolutely ridiculous! The chances are extremely slim and I feel like I have gotten people's hopes up. But I know that that shouldn't matter, it's my audition, not theirs. Anyway, after telling the girls at my bible study and my youth group at church, pretty much everyone who would care knows. So I'll either have to let them down with a disappointing Facebook status, or keep them in suspense until I can see them in person and give them the details.

One of my favorite surprises had to be included in the package I got last week. My mom had told me that she had mailed me something the day before and that I should look for it within a couple of days. I figured it was a Valentines day card or something. Well it definitely was "or something". I get a huge, heart covered box handed to me at the post office window. I opened it to find two bags of cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, Valentines socks (which I am wearing right now :) ), stickers and other goodies. Then Michaela starts freaking out as she pulled out a Snow White Barbie doll!! That was seriously the best gift/ surprise ever!!! I loved it ! She is now on display above my bed until the audition. I am debating whether or not to take it for good luck, but I guess it depends on how much room is in my carryon bag.

So all of that to say this, I am super excited for February 13th!!
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment