Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Fall Essentiales

So the cold weather has officially made its way to Texas. And with the cold weather comes the warmer clothes. After a few weeks in the semi coolness of fall, I have noticed some items that I am constantly washing and re-wearing.

My absolute favorite thing that I basically wear all the time are woven open sweaters or cardigans. They are so easy to throw on over t-shirts to dress up, but they can be worn with anything. I always have one in my backpack for those classes who think that blasting the AC will make us pay more attention. FYI, it doesn't, it will just make us hate the class more and ignore what the professors are saying out of spite. Not that I would know or anything. *cough, cough*

Here are some from Target that I just adore.


And of course, it cannot be fall without the riding boots that pretty much every girl owns, myself included. But let's try and look some other styles of boots for the crunchy leaf weather.

First, the oxford wedges. I love these because they enclose the whole foot, which not only keeps your feet warmer, but are great for when you are running late to class. Literally, running across campus to make it to your 8am. They can be worn with skinny jeans, leggings and a fun indie or boho skirt. You can also dress them up with a nice dress if you wanted, basically, these are a great addition to your shoe stock.


Here are some combat boots. Now, I am not a huge fan of the combat style, but these have been all over campus lately and I am getting used to them. Plus some of the outfits that the girls here have put together are really cute. These are mostly for the hipster/ "hiker" outfits, not so much dressy as they are for your casual days. But if you can figure out a way to dress these shoes up, let me know!


And lastly, these ankle boots are a great addition to your wardrobe. I've seen some girls layer their boots with woolen socks, or I guess you could call them ankle warmers? But anyway, it really can add to an outfit. As with the oxfords, these can be dressy or casual. Leggings, wool socks, and these boots can make for a really cute "Date night" look. Or if your just attending classes and then maybe hitting up the library for some study time, just some skinny jeans and these boots matched with a nice top can make for a perfect outfit. 


Sweaters/ Cardigans and ankle boots are just some of this years Fall Essentials.
What are your fall essentials this coming season?

No comments:

Post a Comment