Friday, December 26, 2014

5 Fandom Friday: New Years Blogging Resolutions

This topic is not only great for me to help with writers block, but it also is a post to help keep me accountable on this blog. There are a lot of things I would like to do to change or improve my blog, but I think I should start small and these 5 resolutions will help! So here are my 5 achievable New Years Blogging Resolutions in no particular order.

Source for original picture

1. To write more consistently

I want to write in a more timely manner and more consistently. I would say that I would like to post every other day, but let's be real. Life gets in the way. School and work will probably be bigger priorities than blogging. So I am going to say that I will post at least once a week!

2. To have more diverse topics

As of now, this blog is pretty much a personal, "What's up with me", blog and I would like it to be more useful. I would like to post more "DIY"s and "How To"s and helpful lists and other similar posts. I want posts to be Pinterest worthy.

3. To have guests posts/ to write guest posts

I have only had one guest post and I have only written one guest post. I would love to have more people guest write for me and I would love to, in exchange, write for them! I also think that would help me accomplish resolution number 2.

4. To become more creative with my graphics

I recently have been paying more attention to my graphics and photos. And I personally think that they could be better. I need to take more original photos and add some more unique graphics to make my posts pop! I can also look for more "free/ no strings attached" photos and graphics to use to my advantage. So if you have any tips, let me know!

5. To read more blogs and encourage other writers

I want to start reading blogs by fellow bloggers. I know that I want other people to read and comment on my blog, but that is a two way street. I have to read and comment one other posts and blogs. So I am going to find new blogs and read their material, while leaving my url at the bottom of my comment. It's a win-win for everyone!


So those are my simple, but effective blogging new years resolutions. They seem easy, but we will see how they end up. Now onto my life resolutions which are a completely different story. I wish you all great luck in going through with your resolutions! Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment