Monday, December 8, 2014

DIY Custom Wrapping Paper


Christmas time is here! And that means presents under your Christmas tree. I don't know about you, but I loved wrapping paper and neatly wrapped boxes. I also like everything to match. At my house, my mom uses brown butcher paper and colorful ribbon and bows to wrap our the gifts that go under our tree. Well I've taken the brown paper one step further.

I've recently become obsessed with rubber stamps. I found an alphabet set and a "thank-you" set at Target in the dollar section. I also found some ink pads at Walmart in the scrapbook section. I am pretty sure you can also find them and Michael's or basically any craft store.


Here's what you need:

  • Some ink pads, the color of your choice
  • At least one complete set of alphabet stamps
  • Brown paper (can be bought at Walmart in the mailing/packaging section)
  • Scissors
  • Tape
  • Pencil
  • and Your Gift

So first things first. Wrap your gift. I learned the hard way not to use the big packing tape because it takes up stamp space and its also very shinny. I suggest using the thinner scotch tape and try to use as little as possible, but still be able to keep the package securely wrapped.

Then address the package by using the alphabet bet stamps and spelling out their name and then your name. I decided to use two colors. Gray and black, just for more of an artistic feel. Also don't plan on the letters being straight. It is so hard to tell where the actual letter will be when stamping.

Then I just did something really simple to decorate the rest of the package. I used a pencil eraser to make some polka dots. Just simple red and green. But this is your creation, so do whatever your heart desires! You could buy some bigger stamps to put a little art work in the corner of your packages.


That is just a simple DIY wrapping paper idea. Not matter what you end up doing, your recipients will enjoy it. I know mine did! Enjoy decorating your packages! And Merry Christmas!!





No comments:

Post a Comment