Monday, January 26, 2015

Shop for a Cause

If you follow me on Instagram, then you have recently seen my latest purchase. Pura Vida Bracelets. I'm pretty much obsessed. In a nut shell, purchases from Pura Vida Bracelets provide full time jobs for people in Costa Rica. They are hand made bracelets, so no two bracelets are them same. AND if you buy from their charity selections, a percentage of the proceeds goes towards that charity. Its a win-win for all!


Currently, I have three bracelets; Save the Orcas: Anti-Captivity, Save the Sea Turtles, and Beach Life. The Save the Orcas bracelets donates to The Whale and Dolphin Conservation and is blue, black, and white. The Save the Sea Turtles bracelets donates to the Sea Turtle Conservancy and is numerous shades of green. The Beach Life Bracelet is coral, blue, and cream and it provides jobs in Costa Rica. I also have another bracelet on the way. I forget what it's called, but will post a picture on Instagram when I get it.

The next  online store that I want to talk about is Dot: School Supplies Changing Lives. Their products are simple, but every needs them. They sell pencils, notebooks or journals, and binders, but are currently working on two more products. The proceeds form your purchases go to pay for a child's education in different countries, including Mexico and Congo. Their products are also eco friendly!


I bought the set of pencils and a notebook earlier this year and I love them! The notebook is great for journaling or doodling. I love writing in it because a pen just glides over the pages. The pencils are great too. They are made from 100 percent recycled material which makes me happy.


Then of course, there is the WWF, or the World Wildlife Fund. If you are shopping for a child's birthday or for someone who really loves animals, I highly suggest adopting an endangered species. Yes, go ahead and adopt that giraffe or sea turtle. You don't even need a back yard or a pool! The WWF sells many different adoption kits that can include a plush toy of the animal you are adopting, an adoption certificate, photos, a gift bag, and/or a "spotlight card" that gives you more information about your new species. The proceeds from your adoption kit go to protecting that animal that you just adopted! It feels great knowing that you are helping save endangered animals.

Those are just a few of the online stores or foundations that I never feel bad when splurging on their sites. I love shopping for a cause, and now you have three more causes to shop for! Enjoy and let me know what you get!



No comments:

Post a Comment