Friday, February 20, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: Things I've Bought But Haven't Read/Watched/Played Yet

Ahh, this topic is so good. Cause I always find myself buying a lot of books, but never read them. Or more importantly, finishing them. I own a lot of books that are book marked and dog eared around the third chapter. And I never get around to finishing them. I know, its sad.
So here is my sad list of barely started books and one CD, just for fun!



1. The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
My best friend and I wanted to start reading books together so we got on Pinterest and searched books about friendship and we found a list and this was on it. We both found it intriguing and got our own copies. That was December. I think she's started but I am only on chapter 3. It's not that I don't want to read or I don't like it. I just can't find the time, or want to sacrifice my naps.

2. The Fault in Our Stars Soundtrack
Technically, I've opened it and listened to it once. But to be honest, I don't really like it. I only liked two songs and I already had those. It's too slow and sad for me I guess. Not really a soundtrack to jam out in the car to.

3. Love Does by Bob Goff
This is a book that my dad loves and he bought me a copy, but I just have not gotten into it. I think I read the first chapter, but that was probably in September and I haven't touched it since. Maybe during spring break? But let's be real, that's not going to happen.

4. I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
I am actually half way through it, but it has taken me over a year to get that far. It's not bad, but it's a little difficult to fully understand all of the cultural phrases and references that she has written. It just makes me have to really break down each chapter. Right now, the book isn't even with me. It's in Fredericksburg, so that doesn't help. But so far it's really good and is really an eye opening text.

5. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
I've picked up this book multiple times, with the intent to get past chapter four. So far, I've only made it to chapter three, numerous times. I don't know if I don't like it, or just always get stuck in that chapter. Some say skip it, but the trouble is, I don't remember what parts I remember are from the movie or the book. It's a real struggle, y'all. But one day, I will get past this!

So there's my very sad list of unfinished books and my unused CD. I hope you all have more luck in reading than I do.


4 comments:

  1. I'd love to read The Devil Wears Prada sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, from the first three chapters I've read, it is a lot more vulgar than the movie… so just a heads up. But hopefully I can actually finish it and then I will be able to give you a better review. Haha!

      Delete
  2. Lol, Codie gave me TFIOS soundtrack for Christmas and I completely agree!!! It's kind of a sad CD :( I would imagine it would be great for rainy days that you just curl up with warm tea and a kitty and blog all afternoon, but sadly it doesn't rain here... Oh whale. The Interestings sounds like it'd be good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to read The Interestings now, and basically it is about these friends who meet at a fine arts camp and became super close, then it skips ahead to when they are all middle aged and talks about their relationships. It has a lot that I can relate to, with careers in fine arts and living in NYC and all that jazz. But it does jump around a lot which can be a little confusing. But so far I really like!!
      And TFIOS is a perfect writing soundtrack, poetry or blogging, maybe even research papers? Haha

      Delete