Traveling with your dog can be a great experience. When you remember to pack everything. You may be thinking, "What all do you need? Grab scoop of food, a leash, and the dog and you're good to go, right?" WRONG. Just like you need a suitcase, your pup should also have a travel bag. What all do you need in this said travel bag? Here's a run down of what I pack for Sunny.
Things to pack for your dog:
- Food to last the whole trip
- Both water and food bowls
- Leash, collar, and harness
- Pet ID, it should be on the collar with a contact number if your dog gets lost
- Towels- having multiple towels are good incase your dog gets wet and needs to dry off before jumping back in the car
- A few busy toys or bones
- Plastic Bags- for potty time and to put dirty towels in
- Small treats- to reward your dog for great behavior in a new environment
Sunny loves to travel. She even has her own little travel bag that can be strapped down in the car, almost like a carseat for her. She loves getting in it and will sit there until I pick her up and carry her around in it. She knows that when the bag comes out, we are going on a trip! And she can't wait!!