Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Traveling With Your Pup


Traveling with your dog can be a great experience. When you remember to pack everything. You may be thinking, "What all do you need? Grab scoop of food, a leash, and the dog and you're good to go, right?" WRONG. Just like you need a suitcase, your pup should also have a travel bag. What all do you need in this said travel bag? Here's a run down of what I pack for Sunny.


Things to pack for your dog:

  • Food to last the whole trip
  • Both water and food bowls
  • Leash, collar, and harness
  • Pet ID, it should be on the collar with a contact number if your dog gets lost
  • Crate 
  • Towels- having multiple towels are good incase your dog gets wet and needs to dry off before jumping back in the car
  • A few busy toys or bones
  • Plastic Bags- for potty time and to put dirty towels in
  • Small treats- to reward your dog for great behavior in a new environment

Sunny loves to travel. She even has her own little travel bag that can be strapped down in the car, almost like a carseat for her. She loves getting in it and will sit there until I pick her up and carry her around in it. She knows that when the bag comes out, we are going on a trip! And she can't wait!!




12 comments:

  1. Towels are definitely a must. We took Oliver hiking once and he fell in the water and then walked on the dirt right after. Muddy puppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eww. Ya, we started bringing multiple towels after Sunny decided to go for a swim when we stopped at a park.

      Delete
  2. Great list. We just adopted 2 rescue puppies and will be traveling with them soon. Thanks for the reminders!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! That's so exciting! Hope they are great additions to your family.

      Delete
  3. Sunny is so cute! We don't travel with our pets, but this is great to know in case we even do decide to go on a Family Vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love her so much haha. Traveling with pets can be very hard, especially when they are bigger than 8lbs and can take up the whole backseat. I am lucky that she is a great traveler.

      Delete
  4. Its funny, because this is so similar to things I'd pack and bring with my son ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, while writing this I thought, "Man it's just like having a furry child!".

      Delete
  5. You chihuahua is a cutie. My oreo is not as charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww… Sunny thanks you! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Aww cute puppy! I miss having dogs. I can't wait for the day I can have one again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Sunny is having to stay at my parents while I'm at college, so I miss her a lot. Thanks for reading.

      Delete