Thursday, March 17, 2016

Make Your Own Laundry Detergent


In order to make the the switch to a more waste free life, I have been trying to replace items in my house with DIY/ more eco friendly products when I run out of them. So this week, I made my own laundry detergent.


I just used a more simple recipe, because it was quicker and easier and I am all about easy DIYs.

What You Need:
1 cup of Borax
1 cup of Baking Soda
1 bar of Soap of your choice

Like I said, it is a really simple. All you need to do is shave the bar of soap into fine shavings and mix it with the cup of borax and baking soda. I bought a new grater specially for the soap because I'd rather not have a hint of Dove in my cheese.

So, here's to my first DIY house hold product! And one of my first steps to a zero waste lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment